This 3.0-hour, language-neutral ZOOM webinar seeks to enhance the interpreter’s knowledge of the Code of Professional Ethics to enable him/her to better handle on-the-job ethical situations that may and do arise. Interpreters are constantly faced with challenging moments while fulfilling their duties in the legal setting: difficulties with proper register, slang, idiomatic expressions, obscenities, attorneys questioning the accuracy of the translation—to mention a few. This will be a hands-on webinar filled with dynamic exercises.
Enhance your ethical acumen and join
us on this enriching journey.
Secure your spot
Wednesday, September 13
6:00 – 9:00 pm EST
- Florida: CEAA# 21-0462 (3.6 CIE credits)
- North Carolina: 3 CEUs (Ethics)
- Pennsylvania: 3 CEUs (Ethics)
This workshop will focus on reinforcing the importance of the Interpreter’s Code of Professional Ethics:
Interpreter’s Code of Ethics
- Impartiality & Neutrality
- Never Give Legal Advice or Opinions
- Maintaining Proper Professional Relations
- Commitment to Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Approximately 30% lecture and 70% guided exercises
- Exercises: Role-play, Case Studies, and accuracy techniques
- Q & A and group discussions
Invest in your professional growth, amplify your ethical prowess, and be partof a vibrant community dedicated to elevating interpreting standards.
See you there!
For more information, contact us at email@example.com